Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hmmm, title. How about more random musings?

I wake up in the morning and immediately want to grasp for something that gives me meaning or makes me feel accepted and appreciated. Check my email, see who’s written me, check the news. It feels like ‘grab onto something quick! Grab onto something outside of myself to make me ok, feel loved, worthwhile’.

How hard is it to just drop into awareness and stay there? Experience this without the mind’s interpretation? The mind wants to ponder things that are fantasies, how I would build a house with straw bales, for instance, something that’s clearly NOT going to happen, but it gives the mind something to chew on, some kind of meaning. Or drop into a novel, someone else’s version of reality to avoid my own.

First I have to catch myself avoiding MY experience and then stay in it. There are the experiences we call ‘good’. I feel pretty good, the sun is out, I’m eating something I like and then there are the experiences we call ‘bad’. Rain, cold, pain, dizziness, loneliness. But we don’t show up for either. While I’m eating, I’ll be surfing the news instead of savoring the experience. The sun is out and I’ll notice it, go out in it, but stay busy within my mind rather than enjoy the feeling on my body.

God been poking at my heart today. I was given enough energy to go to the water, that was nice. Lovely places, beautiful. Could see Rainier and the Olympics and White Horse and Mt.Baker and to the East, the mainland and Whidbey and other islands.

I've been having a bit of sadness. Some tears. Not big, just noticing. I am missing the old danny who made plans and did them, the one who showed up for this dirtworld experience. Ok I have some plans, going to the mainland and the heli trip and Richard coming and stuff, but its not what I’m talking about. It’s the place where I say, ‘I’m going to fix Scott’s truck tomorrow’ or ‘maybe I’ll go to Blank in the fall or next summer. Or the one who learned all the birds and plants cuz he wanted to know and investing the energy into that was worth it; someone who had a future beyond next month or maybe the one after or maybe just the one after that. I'm just noticing. I'm not a part of what other people are doing to a large degree. Not morbid, not angst, just noticing and accepting, but it's a process. I don’t know how to be with it sometimes.

Even if i'm on earth for awhile yet, i'm still not part of most of this experience. i can be friendly with cashiers and listen while people talk about 'next year'.
and i love to play with Huggins and all of that.
That makes some sense to me. It's just new and different ground i guess.

It was an awesome day today. I just went out and there were a million little puffball clouds lit underneath by the rising moon through the trees, almost full which means I might get some rain on the mainland. Sometimes just after a full moon the weather here will do that.

Its a weird hand to be holding. If it had gone on for a year or two, it would have been one thing, but wow. and how much longer?
My muscles are a little sore from walking today. What an odd feeling. I used to get a little out of shape and then look forward to getting back in shape and I could. And I could push myself up a trail or on a bike and it might hurt a bit for a few days, but it would feel so awesome. As it is my ability to be physical is so limited that 'getting back in shape' or the experience of sore muscles is just an aberration, a discomfort, probably not leading anywhere.

My neck has actually been hurting for a good week or more, maybe just pinching some nerves or something.

It seems like the priority is this stuff I'm working about my 'way' of being in this world. I’m detached from two perspectives. One is the knowing that there is no egoic meaning to any of this, the other is my short timer status. I’m finding the balance between expressing myself and still just 'being' without the ‘me’go-mind.
What do i 'do'? How do I express the hours and days that are left to me?
How do I function in this physical realm for this period of time?
How do I respond?

There IS a plan. There is an invisible thread going out from me and my experience forward. I can't see very far where it leads but I am being pulled forward along it. It's important that I show up for it fully. More important than ever. Once I have a handle on that, the relationship with certain others will become more clear, but there are some things I have to uncover first and be able to hold in the palms of my outstretched hands, gingerly, softly like a tender baby animal, with presence, making sure it is not frightened or alarmed. And that nascent animal is my experience, my life.
It is the only work i have to do, show up for it I will. Everything else comes from that place. It is relentless.

No comments:

Post a Comment