Friday, May 27, 2011

Volition

Someone said, "CAN u know what ur next thought will be?" The fact of the matter is that I can't know, don't know what my next thought will be. I'm not choosing it. It just generates spontaneously and randomly. If THAT is true than the idea that I'm choosing what to do in my life goes completely out the window! Oh I might "choose" to eat a banana but where did that thought come from? And if some event interferes with that action the banana plan might disappear. Like if the phone rings our something. So i'm not then really in charge or control of anything then. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Okay - but what if the thought appears that you want to eat that banana but then you choose not to. So I have to disagree with you about being in charge - at least of some things. Love you.

    ReplyDelete