Friday, January 15, 2010

Yumazone

So that afternoon, after driving the last hour toward Yuma, I started looking at all of the freeway exits off to the side for signs of rogue campers. I'd previously located an RV parts place on the far side of Yuma and drove there noting clusters of RV's at a few of the exits. I'd kinda set my sites on one of the first ones that I'd come to which was unbenkownst to me actually in CA, just before the AZ line.

After buying whatever the heck was so precious that in my messed up state I was willing to drive past a parking place, I returned to a BLM off grid RV site known (I came to find out) as Pilot Knob. I trundled out past the check in spot (yep, the had a camp host) into the desert across what is known as desert pavement, a natural pavement of stones. It was rough going for Jazzy, but we found a spot out at the Southern end of the place probably a couple of football fields from the MX border.

Pix coming

No comments:

Post a Comment