Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dream about doing the work

My dreams are extremely rich again lately, like I'm fully alive in this other place and only come back to consensual reality with some adjustment time necessary. In today's dream, I own a boat, pull into a marina on a busy holiday weekend. All slips are occupied and more boats are coming in. A black guy comes to the slip. I'm aware that I need to get fuel and water and vacate the slip as soon as possible to make room for others. The black guy helps me and walks away. As I'm ready to pull out I notice the boat is quickly filling with water and is capsized. I realize that I'm going to have to go get the black guy and that we're going to have to pull the boat out for repairs. I also realize that it's going to be expensive to pull the boat and buy parts and I'm going to have to do the work myself to save money. I'm resigned but ready to go forward with the project.

My body is the vehicle (the boat) which is being 'invited' to rejoin oneness; the ocean of being (the sea) and that in order to pull off staying embodied, I'm going to have to do the work. Yeah, I've been doing 'the work' but there's always more. Can't let up. Keep working. Each day is like starting over, as if I've not begun, like there's another piece, more, further. I'm beginning from a new place on the path having hiked long and hard to get this far, but of course there's no turning back or resting on your laurels. It doesn't matter how far one has come. Yesterday doesn't count really toward today's progress. Keep going.
Not in resistance but more like resignation. As in, "Boy, OK, but this is going to take some work." It doesn't feel like I'm sinking or like there's anything wrong with the death thing. It's an invitation to rejoin, not a problem at all, but the message that I must keep going.

1 comment:

  1. yeah brother, an invitation to keep going ... seems like that's always there when its not surpressed or shied away from ... love you man ...

    ReplyDelete