Saturday, October 23, 2010

Surrender

Someone said something that triggered me in our conversation yesterday. It was about surrender. Why oh why do we have such a hard time with this? OMG. We KNOW, but we forget, especially when things seem 'hard'.

All the 'hards' aligned for me a couple days ago and knocked me to my knees.

The message this am is obvious. We all know this but sometimes what's obvious eludes me for a time esp when I'm in the throes of the 'hard stuff'.
The message is: Pain comes and goes! If u r alive there's gonna be pain! There is no escaping it! No amount of lovely blissful enlightenment can displace that. AND blissful enlightenment COMES and GOES! You don't make that happen either. The response to either state is the same! Surrender! Let them come. Let them go.

Adya in a 2007 Sun interview said something interesting like, 'I don't care how I feel' He admits to having feelings of angst. He just doesn't attach to either happiness or the angst.

I know this is obvious, but it stopped me in my tracks this am.

No comments:

Post a Comment