Friday, March 18, 2011

What came up for me yesterday

Surrender and Discernment
The only way to live that makes any rational sense is to live in a place where I embrace what happens in every aspect of my life. In other words, I might have a preference to not step in a puddle and get my sock soaking wet and have to wear the wet sock and shoe for hours, but IF the sock gets wet, I want to embrace that, not be in resistance to it. Otherwise I’m just in resistance to reality in numerous areas in my life on a constant basis. In this regard there is no difference between getting one’s sock wet or being sick or being creamed by a semi.


There is VERY little, virtually NO support for living in this way. With the exception of Adya and Jed, maybe we know NO ONE who lives in this way. So when we DO interact with others, we’re interacting with people who are several steps away from the ability to manage this level of acceptance. The tendency when around others is to show up on their level as in, “Yeah, the weather really sucks and I hate it when my car breaks down”. This is and can be ok, but I find I get sucked in and end up living in a similar place of resistance eventually and then have to stop and reconnect to acceptance.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. I know I don't live in acceptance but I am doing better since I have known you. It's amazing how easily I fall back into woe is me.

    ReplyDelete